Ms. Cinthia Godly
Work Integrated Learning Coordinator
Cinthia’s role is to provide you advice on work placements and capstone projects. She has over 17 years’ experience in teaching IT and was awarded the Vice-Chancellors award in 2011 and 2016 for her contributions to student learning. Her research interests are in deep learning techniques for online learning, blockchain for IoMT, and information systems analysis for education. She has over 15 years’ experience working with international students and is looking forward to helping and guiding you to succeed in your academic studies.
Ms. Cinthia Joy Godly has over 17 years of experience in teaching IT courses at both the masters and bachelors’ level and 14 years of experience in academic management. She was awarded the Vice-Chancellor’s award (team citation) for the team’s outstanding contribution to student’s learning in 2011 and the Vice-Chancellor’s award for her individual outstanding contribution to student’s learning in 2016 at Federation University, Australia. As an IT lecturer her philosophy of teaching is “Enthusiasm is critical to good teaching, and students have a sixth sense for it”. She aspires to make a difference by connecting the international students to the industry and making them job ready. She is also a PhD candidate and a researcher in areas of deep learning, blockchain and information systems analysis for education. She teaches capstone projects, project management, user experience, and emerging trends in IT, social media analytics, web design, IT Strategy and Governance.
My teaching philosophy is “Enthusiasm is critical to good teaching, and students have a sixth sense for it”. I work hard to create a learning environment that fosters critical thinking and problem solving. All students need to become engaged members of society and understand not only the facts presented in books and lectures, but also learn to ask questions on the information they learn. I expect students to become self-directed learners, engaging their natural curiosity about the material presented and taking that curiosity to the next level. I see myself and my work in the classroom as the springboard for their further exploration. I use various techniques that make them think outside the box to get solutions to questions. Teaching always requires an emphasis on meaningful learning and I measure the student understanding and my teaching by analyzing how students use their critical thinking in real world applications and scenarios.
- PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) Enrolled– Further completion by 2025
Federation University, Australia
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (enrolled and completion by October 2022)
TAFE Digital Online
- BOLD Fundamentals: Teaching online webinars
Federation University, Australia
- Diploma of Management – 2018
IIBIT Sydney, Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Teaching 2012- 2014
University of Ballarat, Australia
- Master of Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering) 2003-2005
Anna University, India
- Bachelor of Engineering (Information Technology) 1999-2003
Bharathiar University, India
- Capstone projects, Project management, User centered design, Web design and development, Professionalism and Ethics, Computing fundamentals, Database design, Information Systems.
Scholarship and Research Areas
- Deep learning, Blockchain, Cloud computing.
Grants and Awards
- Received the 2016 Vice-Chancellor Awards for contribution to Student Learning at Federation University
- Received the 2011 Vice-Chancellor Awards for contribution to Student Learning at the University of Ballarat
Kattumattathil, C.J., Sam, D. (2005). Distributed Video Streaming Error Control using FEC. Soft Computing, ISBN: 81-7764-632-X (pp 580 -585). Allied Publishers Private Limited, India
Work in final stages to submit a chapter on “Adaptation of Blockchain in Internet of Medical Things for Remote Patient Monitoring” in Bentham publishers with book title “Artificial Intelligence for Smart Cities and Villages: Advanced Technologies, Development, and Challenges, 2021”.
- Speaker at the Federation University Partner forum 2020 on the topic “An integrated approach to student engagement”. https://federation.edu.au/international/education-partnerships/2020-partner-forum
- Blockchain for Education (Guest speaker) July 2020 – August 2020
• Satyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, India
• Karunya Deemed University, Coimbatore, India
• Vedyavasa Institute of Technology, Malappuram, India
- Shift From Bitcoin to Real World Applications (Guest speaker) – ToCH Institute of Technology, Arakunnam, India on 25th August 2020
- Presented at a Short-Term Training Programme conducted by AICTE on Blockchain real world applications at Saint GITS College of Engineering and Technology, Kottayam, India on September 15th ,2020
- Guest Lecturer for Cloud Computing load balancing, Bachelor students at Federation University at Mt. Helen campus. November 2020
- Introduction to Blockchain – Rotorary club – Armidale, NSW, November 2020
- Blockchain Technology and its Applications at Teachers Training program, LNCT Group Of Colleges, Bhopal, India in August 2021
Get our latest application tips and information on courses, scholarships, and upcoming events.
Fill out our enquiry form and our team will be in touch to provide support.Ask a question